Michigan Retailers is the nation’s largest state retail association. We serve as a valuable and trusted business resource for 5,000 member businesses and their more than 15,000 stores and websites across the state. Through its expanding national network of credit card processing referral partners, Michigan Retailers serves businesses of all types in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.
Membership services range from legislative advocacy and expert credit card processing to business insurances, discount programs and college scholarships. Michigan Retailers also established and operates the popular Buy Nearby campaign, which encourages all consumers to shop at retail businesses in the state to strengthen local communities and Michigan’s economy.
MRA’s affiliated corporate entities are: Michigan Retailers Services, Inc.; Retailers Insurance Company; Michigan Retailers Foundation; and Michigan Retailers Association Political Action Committee.
We have several divisions representing a broad range of retailers:
• Michigan Floor Covering Association
• Michigan Grocers Association (effective Jan. 1)
• Michigan Jewelers Association
• Michigan Retail Hardware Association
• Michigan Shoe Association
• Michigan Tire and Vehicle Services Association
We also are affiliated with these national groups:
• Council of State Retail Associations
• Food Marketing Institute
• National Association of Chain Drug Stores
• National Grocers Association
• National Retail Federation
• National Shoe Retailers Association
• Retail Industry Leaders Association
• Tire Industry Association