In this issue:
- Summer-long legislative calendar released
- Senate committee reports e-prescribing, telepharmacy bills
- Legislature approves delayed 9-1-1 technology requirement
- Governor signs ban on sales to e-cigarettes/vapor products to minors
- Déjà vu: legislature talks removing sales tax on gas
Summer-long legislative calendar released
It’s going to be a long summer in Lansing.
Michigan Retailers will say goodbye to four retiring employees this summer, and three are happening on June 28! President and CEO James P. Hallan’s retirement was previously announced and will occur on Aug.
If you don’t process with a Verifone terminal, or if you have already completed this update, please disregard this notice.
Verifone has informed us of an expiring certificate that will impact processing if not resolved prior to June 25,
The open enrollment period for MRA’s Retailers Insurance Company dental plan, administered by Delta Dental of Michigan, and vision plan, administered by VSP Vision, is now June 30, with an effective date of July 1.
By JAMES P. HALLAN – MRA President and CEO
As the opening lyric in the old Lovin’ Spoonful tune goes, “Hot town, summer in the city” my prediction is that this is going to be a long legislative summer.
Michigan Retailers Association is looking for a general counsel.
William J. Hallan, current general counsel, has been promoted to lead the organization starting in late August, when current President and CEO James P.
In this issue:
- House committee takes up marketplace bills
- E-prescribing bill hearings this Thursday
- Whitmer signs changes to no-fault auto insurance
- Wage theft bill introduced following AG fraud enforcement unit announcement
House committee takes up marketplace bills
Two weeks ago,